Donate to our fundraising initiatives for our Charity of the Year, The North London Hospice.
North London Hospice are committed to providing the highest quality palliative and end of life care and support for both patients and their families in the North London area. As a registered charity, all their services are provided free of charge, however, it costs over £13 million a year to keep them going. North London Hospice only receives a small proportion of their funding from the NHS and rely on donations and legacies from generous people in the community to provide the cost of caring for three out of every four patients.
The London Marathon
Toby Cooper, Assistant Manager on the Corporate Recovery & Insolvency team, will be running the Virgin Money London Marathon on 26th April 2020 to raise money for The North London Hospice. This mammoth race is 26.2 miles across London, starting around Blackheath and finishing in The Mall alongside St James’s Park.
Please donate and help Toby reach his target of £3,000 by visiting his Virgin Money Giving page. You can also follow his training journey and fundraising efforts on his dedicated Instagram page @keepupwithcoops.
Three Peaks Challenge
On 20th June 2020, a group of brave CBW staff will take on the Three Peaks Challenge. This is an incredibly physically demanding challenge which involves:
- Scaling the tallest mountains in Scotland, England and Wales – within 24 hours!
- Walking the equivalent of a marathon
- Ascending (and descending) about 10,000 feet
- Driving nearly 800 miles (for our support team)
CBW previously raised over £40,000 completing the Three Peaks Challenge for COSMIC Charity back in 2012, so this time we have set ourselves the ambitious target of raising £50,000 for the North London Hospice. Please visit our Just Giving Page to donate to this very worthwhile cause.
£50,000 could contribute towards:
- Pay to run the Hospice for over 4 days (£12,000 per day)
- Fund over 5 years worth of petrol costs for transporting their community
- Nurse Specialists to patients’ homes in order to deliver end-of-life care
- Fund over 1,800 counselling sessions for bereaved family members
- Pay for 20 pain relief mattresses (£2,500 for one mattress)
- Sponsor a nurse for 57 full weeks (£125 per day)
CBW’s previous fundraising achievements
CBW have been raising money for causes close to our hearts for over a decade, all of which have had a significant impact on the lives of CBW staff. We have raised over £100,000 for a charities including:
- MS-UK – Over £11,000 raised for this charity which provides high quality, professional services to support people living with Multiple Sclerosis
- Street Souls – CBW raised over £4,000 to help support the homeless.
- Huntington’s Disease Association – Over £20,000 donated to help improve care and support services for people with Huntington’s disease.
- COSMIC – CBW raised over £44,000 for COSMIC (Children of St Mary’s Intensive Care) to support the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, London, which treats around 400 desperately sick children every year.
The CBW Foundation was launched in January 2016 as a way for CBW to give back to the local community and support important causes including Movember, Cancer Research UK, Poppy Appeal and Mind. So far, the CBW Foundation has donated a total of £29,205.07. This is in addition to the money raised by charitable activities and initiatives.