Donate to our fundraising initiatives for our Charity of the Year, The North London Hospice.
On Saturday 11 September 2021, a team of CBW staff completed the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge, raising over £15,000 for the North London Hospice. There is still time to donate, please do so by clicking here.
The hospice is committed to providing the highest quality palliative and end of life care and support for patients and families living with a life limiting illness. It also relies heavily on donations and fundraising initiatives such as this.
The Yorkshire Three Peaks is an incredibly physically demanding undertaking which includes a 24-mile walk and climbing three peaks in the Yorkshire Dales. We had 10 walkers: Agata Bagniuk, Alex Day, Chris Clayton, Claire North, Dean Vincent, Rachel Collett, Simrat Sanghera, Susan Powell, Tony Chin and Voytek Piasek. We also had 4 support staff involved in the mission: Claire Adamson, Dan Howarth, Samantha Day and Peter Winter.
We hope you can help support us reach our target of raising £50,000 for the charity. This amount can contribute towards:
- Pay to run the Hospice for over 4 days (£12,000 per day)
- Fund petrol costs for transporting their community nurse specialists to patients’ homes in order to deliver end-of-life care
- Fund over 1800 counselling sessions for bereaved family members
- Pay for 20 pain relief mattresses (£2,500 for one mattress)
- Sponsor a nurse for 56 full weeks (£125 per day)
Meet some of the team who have been raising money for the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge:
Peter Winter, Managing Partner
Sue Powell, HR Assistant
Dan Howarth, Audit Director
Claire North, Audit Director
CBW’s previous fundraising achievements
CBW have been raising money for causes close to our hearts for over a decade, all of which have had a significant impact on the lives of CBW staff. We have raised over £100,000 for a charities including:
- MS-UK – Over £11,000 raised for this charity which provides high quality, professional services to support people living with Multiple Sclerosis
- Street Souls – CBW raised over £4,000 to help support the homeless.
- Huntington’s Disease Association – Over £20,000 donated to help improve care and support services for people with Huntington’s disease.
- COSMIC – CBW raised over £44,000 for COSMIC (Children of St Mary’s Intensive Care) to support the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, London, which treats around 400 desperately sick children every year.
The CBW Foundation was launched in January 2016 as a way for CBW to give back to the local community and support important causes including Movember, Cancer Research UK, Poppy Appeal and Mind. So far, the CBW Foundation has donated a total of £29,205.07. This is in addition to the money raised by charitable activities and initiatives.