CBW's ACCA training programme
Who is CBW?
We are a 21 partner top 50 firm of innovative and forward thinking chartered accountants. Each year we recruit a small number of ambitious graduates looking to kick start their career studying towards the ACCA qualification whilst undertaking interesting work alongside professional and supportive colleagues.
This role is a little different as we are looking for an individual who is focused on a career in Corporate Recovery and Insolvency, so in addition to studying towards your ACCA once completed you would continue to study for the CPI so after 4 years you would be dual qualified.
Our offices are based a stone’s throw from some of London’s most famous historical landmarks including the Tower of London and Tower Bridge. St Katherine’s Docks are very close by with an array of shops and hotspots for lunch and after work socialising!
With not a stuffy chesterfield in sight you would be working in a modern, light, airy open plan environment with Partners sitting out amongst their teams…think foosball tables, free fruit and monthly social events!
There is an emphasis on looking after our employees which attributes to our low turnover of staff and high retention rates when our graduates qualify.
We promote a healthy work, life and study balance which is reflected in our flexible working hours based on a 35 hour week (although a degree of flexibility may be required from time to time, including travelling to client sites).
Check out our social media feeds on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and search using #CBWway to get an insight into what life is like as a CBW employee. You will also find tips and information to support your application process along the way.
In a nutshell
This opportunity would suit a Law, History or English Literature Graduate as a large element of working in Insolvency and Corporate Recovery is looking into the finer detail and writing clear and concise findings/reports.
- Although for the first 3 years you would work closely with the other graduates on the ACCA training programme your workload would vary
- The role is providing support to our Senior Insolvency Administrators, Insolvency Practitioners (IPs) and Partners with assistance on case work and after a short period of time you would have the responsibility of managing small corporate and personal insolvency cases yourself, with the support of the team
- You would be involved in the whole process from pre-appointment work through to closing cases, a true ‘cradle to grave’ role
- From the off you will have the opportunity to report findings and variances and communicate these with Partners and team members
- You will be working closely with Partners and staff to provide clients with a personal and professional service
- Systems wise we use IPS and Virtual Cabinet
- The cases are varied with a sway towards corporate: – Administrations, CVLs, MVLs and Bankruptcy
- The team work quickly and close quickly so the work is fast paced and very interesting.
If you are interested in applying and kicking off your application, please read through the list of requirements and personal attributes needed to undertake the training contract.
- You must have a minimum of 280 UCAS points and have or are expecting to achieve a 2.1 degree or higher (we are totally open on degree subject, it doesn’t have to be finance or accountancy related and are keen to hear from individuals with a History, Law or English Literature degree for this opportunity)
- Strong IT skills to include Excel, Outlook and Word
- The ability to write in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven experience of managing your own time and working successfully to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate openly and honestly at all levels
- Able to listen and follow instructions
- The ability to use your own initiative when required
- Have a proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
The training contract offers a competitive salary and study package, including generous study leave and support.
- The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 7th September 2018.
- Being contacted by us during August/September
- Online skills assessments ahead of a first interview with our external recruitment partner
- Second interview with us at CBW
- Assessment day (final stage) – Wednesday 17th October 2018
The training contract will start on 2nd January 2019.
Whilst we acknowledge the value of recruitment agencies in helping us to source candidates at CBW, we are committed to sourcing team members directly wherever possible.
Where it is appropriate for us to use the services of a recruitment agency, that agency will be a preferred supplier of CBW and will receive instruction directly from our HR Department. No other department within CBW has authority to instruct an agency to recruit on our behalf. We do not pay agency fees unless terms of business have been agreed and a signed agreement is in place.