Dan Howarth joined CBW in 2011 as a member of the Audit department and has over 15 years’ experience in accountancy practice.
As Audit Partner Dan is responsible for auditing some of CBW’s largest clients and he has gained significant experience in the audit of complex groups with overseas subsidiaries. Dan is a key member of CBW’s financial services sector.
Dan trained with a smaller firm where he covered every aspect of accountancy. He has successfully transferred his skills to a bigger practice serving larger-sized companies.
Some of his areas of expertise include:
- Audit of insurance entities
- Advising owner managed businesses on day-to-day compliance matters
- Working hand in hand with fast growth entities and supporting them with the increased regulatory and compliance complexities that come with the territory of growth
- Reporting requirements of FCA regulated entities
- Reporting requirements of ABTA and ATOL registered entities
- Group audit requirements for both UK subsidiaries and holding companies
- Assisting clients in management accounts processes and improving internal controls
- Preparing business reports for potential investors
He is also very active in building CBW’s culture and values, and supports company social events.