On Thursday 4th October, 5pm, our Tax and Financial planning experts Toby Hermitage, Sabina Burke and Chris Clayton will be presenting a client seminar on Business Succession Planning and the tax efficient steps towards exit or retirement.
The seminar is relevant to any principal shareholders of Owner-Managed Businesses and Family-Owned Businesses who may be looking to retire or to take a step back from the business within the next 5-10 years.
It is estimated that 60% of UK small businesses do not have a business succession plan in place but this planning is crucial to developing a sustainable organisation and to avoid potential disputes or unforeseen tax charges further down the line.
We will be addressing some of the key issues that face business owners when it comes to the dilemma of succession planning:
- When do I need to start planning my exit or retirement from the business?
- How much is my business worth and how to I extract value from my business tax-efficiently?
- What will happen to my staff if I die or retire or sell the business?
- What are the key considerations of a Management Buy Out and how do I identify and develop responsible future management successors?
- What are the benefits in involving the next generation through an EMI scheme?
- What structures and procedures can I put in place now so my business is ready?
- How can I minimise my tax bill once I’ve decided which route to take, whether it be selling, transferring or closing the business?
- What will I do with the cash?
Our team of experts will be on hand afterwards to talk to you about any immediate concerns or questions that you may have and further meetings can be arranged for those who would like a more in-depth look at their own positions.