Services & Sectors

Immigration advice and services

MEET OUR Immigration advice and services TEAM

CBW is unique in combining HR Consultancy and Immigration services within the same service offering.

We can provide a holistic assessment of your situation, handle applications within the Immigration rules, and also advise on the people side of immigration cases. Immigration processes and applications often require input from HR, and at CBW both services are intertwined to provide you with the best solutions.

As OISC regulated Immigration advisors, we are able to advise companies on any business-related immigration query, be it hiring specialised talent from abroad, transferring employees from your overseas offices to the UK, or expanding your operations into the UK for the first time.

Our offering includes:

  • Advice on navigating the UK immigration system and finding solutions that work for your business
  • Securing a Sponsor Licence for your business and acting as a Representative on active licences; maintaining and renewing your Sponsor Licence and ensuring compliance with Sponsor’s record keeping and reporting duties
  • Business immigration advice on applications under Points Based System (PBS) – focusing on Skilled Worker visas and Intra Company Transfers and alternatives such as Representative of Overseas Business, Innovator, Start Up and other routes
  • Other visa applications within the Immigration Rules including Ancestry, Family based applications and Dependant applications
  • Settlement and Naturalisation applications
  • Applications under the EU Settlement Scheme (including late applications after the deadline)

Doing business in the UK – Immigration and sponsor licences

If you need to recruit specialist talent from abroad (including the EEA) or wish to employ someone already in the UK but who requires a visa to work for you, you will have to apply for a Sponsor Licence under the Points Based System (PBS). There are several options but the Skilled Worker licence will be the most applicable to most employers; it comes at a cost of £536 (small employers and charities) /£1,476 (medium and large employers) for four years. The licence allows you to sponsor foreign workers if
you adhere to the complex sponsorship rules and document keeping requirements. For every individual being sponsored, a further £199 fee for using the certificate of sponsorship will apply, as well as a Skills Surcharge of £1,000 per year of sponsorship in some instances.

You can find out more about employing staff in the UK for the first time in our dedicated brochure.

We are regulated to provide immigration advice and services by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC); our registration number is F201900068.