We are hiring! We have an opportunity for a qualified Audit Senior to join our highly experienced Audit Team in a position that would enable you to gain exposure to a broad client portfolio (T/O ranging from £2million – £100million)
Who is CBW?
We are a 21 partner top 50 firm of innovative and forward thinking chartered accountants. We put a great emphasis on looking after our employees which contributes to our low turnover of staff. A healthy work life balance is encouraged across all departments and this is reflected in our flexible working hours and core values.
The opportunity is based within our modern offices located a stone’s throw from some of the City’s most famous historical landmarks, with an array of shops and hotspots for lunch and after work socialising.
There isn’t a stuffy chesterfield in sight; think foosball tables, free fruit, light, airy and open plan with Partners sitting out amongst their teams and unparalleled CPD for a firm our size. Feel free to check out our social media platforms using #CBWway to get an insight into what life is like at CBW.
In a nutshell.
We have an opportunity for a qualified (ACA or ACCA) Audit Senior to join a well-established, successful audit team in a position that offers great exposure to clients across a variety of industry sectors.
The position reports into either an associate, audit supervisor or audit manager the you will be responsible for the preparation of audit files on site for audit assignments across a wide variety of industry sectors.
Depending on the size of the audit you may have responsibility for leading a team, reviewing work, dealing directly with clients and assisting with ad hoc projects.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have at least 1 years PQE experience in a role with a heavy focus on audit, due to the size of our team you will also have be required to lead audits and support the development of junior team members whilst working with a variety of systems including, Viztopia and CCH.
What about the actual job?
This position offers superb career progression and a level of autonomy as you will have responsibility for responding to and dealing with general client enquiries, the preparation of annual engagement letters and pre and post audit communications letters for manager as well as working collaboratively with partners and staff to provide clients with a personal and professional service. Responsibilities would include and are not limited to:
- Preparation and audit of statutory accounts to comply with FRS and International auditing and accounting standards
- Performing audits for companies within varied sectors including charities, solicitors, FCA regulated, manufacturing, property investment, tech sector and service industries T/O ranging from £2-100million
- Delegating work to junior team members
- Liaising with clients and dealing with any queries
- Monitoring audits, including supervision, and reviewing of junior staff’s work
- Ensuring audits are completed within budget
- Supporting the training and development of junior staff on audit assignments
- Some assignments may require travel and staying away from home (nationally and on the rare occasion internationally)
- Preparation of accounts for corporate clients, partnerships and sole traders, including: abbreviated company accounts and full company accounts
- Discussing figures with clients and reporting any findings/variances
- Group accounts may be required from time to time
- Preparation of draft corporate taxation computations, including: General adjustments to accounting profits, capital allowances, IBAs’ and deferred tax
- Preparation and checking of VAT returns in all HMRC calculation formats
- Liaison point between the tax department and the client
Should you apply?
To complement the existing team and undertake the broad scope of work required the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified – ACA or ACCA with at least 1 years PQE gained within a similar role
- You must have up to date technical knowledge surrounding FRS auditing and accounting standards
- A good working knowledge of Xero, Kashflow, Viztopia, Digita Accounts, Pro-audit, VPM, SAGE would be an advantage, though not essential.
- Proven experience of working with a varied client portfolio
- Experience of working effectively within a team and supervising team members
- Able to communicate openly and honestly at all levels, with the ability to explain complex matters to clients clearly and concisely
- Technically able to assess risks and identify areas of non-compliance
- Good knowledge of Office 365 (Outlook, Word and Excel) is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail, but with ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to prioritise work and complete work to specified deadlines
- Methodical and well organised
- Proactive and enthusiastic, with a positive attitude and a can-do approach
- Team orientated and flexible
- The ability to use own initiative
This piece of recruitment is being managed by our external recruitment partner, House Recruitment.
Whilst we acknowledge the value of recruitment agencies in helping us to source candidates at CBW we are committed to sourcing team members directly wherever possible.
Where it is appropriate for us to use the services of a recruitment agency, that agency will be a preferred supplier of CBW and will receive instruction directly from our HR Department. No other department within CBW has authority to instruct an agency to recruit on our behalf. We do not pay agency fees unless terms of business have been agreed and a signed agreement is in place.
We reserve the right to contact any candidate whose details are sent on a speculative basis by a third party