Director of Outsourcing/Business Services
We are hiring! We have an opportunity for an ambitious individual who is either currently working at Director level, or a Senior Manager ready to step into a Director role and offers proven experience of supporting the development of an outsourcing/business services function through winning work.
Who is CBW?
We are a 21 partner, top 50 firm of innovative and forward thinking chartered accountants. We put a great emphasis on looking after our employees which contributes to our low turnover of staff. A healthy work life balance is encouraged across all departments and this is reflected in our flexible working hours and core values.
The opportunity is based within our modern offices located a stone’s throw from some of the City’s most famous historical landmarks, with an array of shops and hotspots for lunch and after work socialising.
There isn’t a stuffy chesterfield in sight; think foosball tables, free fruit, light, airy and open plan with Partners sitting out amongst their teams and unparalleled CPD for a firm our size. Feel free to check out our social media platforms using #CBWway to get an insight into what life is like at CBW.
In a nutshell
We are looking for a qualified individual who thrives on variety to join our Dynamic Accounting team. Dynamic Accounting is a service offering which provides a full finance/business service outsourcing function to predominately OMBs.
You would be responsible for providing FD level advice to a portfolio of clients, managing the team and play an active part in the department’s business development strategy.
What about the actual job?
- Responsible for providing complex financial and accountancy support to a portfolio of clients, mainly providing FD level advice to OMBs; cloud accounting, forecasting, financial strategy, cashflow, basic tax etc
- Be proactive in identifying the compliance and management accounting needs of clients
- Attend board meetings in a FD capacity
- Build strong relationships with clients to ensure that the decisions made are based on full disclosure of all compliance and financial information relevant to them
- Report preparation for both clients and internally
- Review work completed by managers, senior accountants and assistant management accountants within the team
- Manage the performance of the team ensuring deadlines are met, with oversight on planning, scheduling, and monitoring of workloads
- Actively manage the development of all team members, including managers and act as a mentor to your direct reporting lines
- Ensure all team members receive appropriate training and development to nurture their potential
- Demonstrate effective communication within the team, providing regular reporting and feedback
- Act as a subject matter expert providing technical guidance when required
- Work closely with Nyall Jacobs and the firm’s marketing team to deliver Dynamic Accounting’s business development strategy
- Support the continued growth of the service offering through lead conversion as well as cross selling to existing clients
- Participate/take the lead in new client proposals and pitches as necessary and manage the integration of new clients
- Take part in client events – speaking on relevant topics etc
Should you apply?
To undertake the broad scope of work required and fit in with the development plan that accompanies the role, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified – CIMA, ACA or ACCA
- Experience gained working at FD level supporting multiple clients, either within an accountancy outsourcing/consultancy function or perhaps managing your own portfolio of clients
- Experience of providing complex financial and accountancy advice to businesses as well attending board meetings in a FD capacity
- Sound technical knowledge and experience in cloud accounting solutions, management accounts, advising business owners, preparation of detailed budgets and forecasting
- Proven business development experience, the ability to convert leads and cross sell will form a large part of this role, especially as the opportunity develops into a Partner focused role
- Experience of managing and supporting the development of a team: undertaking appraisals, identifying training needs, workflow planning, reviewing work etc
- Computer literacy and word processing skills are essential, including advanced proficiency Excel. Experience of working with SAP, Oracle, Xero, Sage and Quickbooks would be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to develop close working relationships with colleagues, clients and business contacts
This piece of recruitment is being managed by our external recruitment partner, House Recruitment.
Whilst we acknowledge the value of recruitment agencies in helping us to source candidates at CBW we are committed to sourcing team members directly wherever possible.
Where it is appropriate for us to use the services of a recruitment agency, that agency will be a preferred supplier of CBW and will receive instruction directly from our HR Department. No other department within CBW has authority to instruct an agency to recruit on our behalf. We do not pay agency fees unless terms of business have been agreed and a signed agreement is in place.
We reserve the right to contact any candidate whose details are sent on a speculative basis by a third party directly, without being liable for fees.
The submission of speculative CVs or candidate profiles to any team member of CBW either directly or via our careers page, will be deemed to be an acceptance of this policy.