Private Client Tax Consultant
We are hiring! We have an opportunity for an experienced and passionate private client tax professional to join us supporting our renowned tax team.
Who is CBW?
We are a 21 partner, top 50 firm of innovative and forward thinking chartered accountants, who have an opportunity for an experienced and passionate tax professional to join us as a Private Client Tax Consultant supporting our renowned tax team headed up by: Andy White, Tom Adcock, Toby Hermitage, Michaela Lamb and Robert Maas.
Based within our modern offices located a stone’s throw from some of the City’s most famous historical landmarks, with an array of shops and hotspots for lunch and after work socialising. There isn’t a stuffy chesterfield in sight; think foosball tables, free fruit, light, airy and open plan with Partners sitting out amongst their teams and unparalleled CPD for a firm our size.
Feel free to check out CBW on twitter using #CBWway and other social media platforms to get an insight into what life is like at CBW.
We put a great emphasis on looking after our employees which contributes to our low turnover of staff. A healthy work life balance is encouraged across all departments and this is reflected in our flexible working hours and core values.
In a nutshell
The position has a private client focus and sits within our renowned Tax team; you would have the support of a team of 10 (combined compliance and advisory) who are responsible for providing comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date personal/private client tax advice.
This opportunity offers a wide range of interesting and complex work on which you will be expected to take the lead in both planning and delivery.
What about the actual job?
- This is a 100% advisory role providing comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date tax advice face to face over the phone and in writing.
- You would be advising on a whole host of complex personal/private client tax matters.
- Researching and suggesting proposals for resolution of technical tax matters forms a large part of this role, as does recognising when unusual or complex matters must be referred to a technical expert (we have a few in-house!)
- Corresponding with HM Revenue & Customs and any other client related bodies on such matters that require attention and keep clients apprised of the situation.
- Liaising with engagement partner on matters which may significantly affect the client’s tax liabilities and on billing and time costs.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients and contacts.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with those within CBW connected with client’s affairs, for example Audit Partner/Manager or financial adviser and try to better understand client’s affairs/business by attending meeting such as audit planning meetings.
- Be instrumental in tax planning for new and existing clients.
- Take an active role in the Managers’ Group to help develop the CBW practice.
- Assist partners in continual development of the business including making referrals, seeking new business opportunities and cross selling.
- To maintain and expand technical knowledge, through courses, networking and professional publications and dispense knowledge to other members of the tax team.
Should you apply?
- To complement the existing team and undertake the broad scope of work you will potentially already have 2-3 years’ experience in a 100% advisory role, which has a focus on private client/personal tax.
- We see the ideal candidate being CTA qualified, although if you are QBE we are still keen to hear from you.
- You need to be a technically strong individual who is passionate about continually developing not only your knowledge but your career too.
- Excellent communication skills are essential with the ability to know how to and when to delegate work.
- Able to identify potential issues and seek opportunities via more junior staff to ensure that clients receive comprehensive tax advice.
- Ability to see the bigger picture and understand how a particular issue or need fits into the business.
Whilst we acknowledge the value of recruitment agencies in helping us to source candidates at CBW we are committed to sourcing team members directly wherever possible.
Where it is appropriate for us to use the services of a recruitment agency, that agency will be a preferred supplier of CBW and will receive instruction directly from our HR Department. No other department within CBW has authority to instruct an agency to recruit on our behalf. We do not pay agency fees unless terms of business have been agreed and a signed agreement is in place.
We reserve the right to contact any candidate whose details are sent on a speculative basis by a third party directly, without being liable for fees.
The submission of speculative CVs or candidate profiles to any team member of CBW either directly or via our careers page, will be deemed to be an acceptance of this policy.