Senior Administrator – Financial Planning
Herding cats might be easier, but you know supporting a lively Financial Planning team is much more rewarding!
Although we are made up of 165+ staff and 19 Partners you would be joining our 21 strong Financial Planning team, working for Chris Clayton, one of our Partners and Managing Director of CBW Financial Planning.
As an experienced Senior Administrator, you know about supporting Paraplanners and Advisors, so we don’t need to go into too much detail on your day to day duties.
You will no doubt be a dab hand at obtaining illustrations and valuations, processing new business, preparing and reviewing meeting packs, making sure the Paraplanners and Advisors are organised ahead of their client meetings (easier said than done we know!) and putting together client correspondence.
On the subject of clients, ours vary hugely and you will get tons of contact, over the phone and via email.
Attention to detail is probably one of your biggest strengths and gets put to great use checking annual review letters, file checks and making sure handover notes are completed and documents all in order!
You will be working with a whole host of different systems, from the different provider platforms you are used to working with, IO (Intelligent Office) and Avelo/IRESS to CCH and Virtual Cabinet our paperless filing system.
This role is replacing a long serving employee who is leaving to become a firefighter! You would be working alongside 5 other administrators all at different stages of their Level 4 Diploma studies. We are happy to support Level 4 study and have a culture of professional and personal development.
The team are a great bunch that really work well together and whilst being a social butterfly isn’t essential, it would mean a great fit for the team as they go for weekly lunches together and partake in firm wide activates.
As with any job role there are some things you will already have experience in that will enable you to hit the ground running, these include: –
- Experience of working as a Senior Administrator within Financial Planning – a bit obvious we know, but we have a busy team looking to replace a safe pair of hands, so someone who knows the ropes is important
- Relevant qualifications – we aren’t expecting you to be Level 4 qualified, but to have a couple of exams under your belt and be happy to continue your studies (Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning)
- Strong IT skills – you will get to work with a number of different systems, we are happy to train but experience of Avelo/IRESS, IO or similar would be really useful
- Communication skills – bit obvious this one, but not only being good and putting together professional emails and building relationships with clients. You will be listening to colleagues, working as part of a team and following instructions at times
- Attention to detail – as the ‘putter together’ of information attention to detail is crucial to not only ensuring your team members get the right information, but that the client’s info is correct too
- Methodical – if you know you know, FP is all about following processes.
Employer Checklist, what you need to know about us
19 Partner, Top 50 City based Accountancy Practice – Tick
Recognised for staff development – Tick
Flexible benefits package – Tick
Study support available – Tick
Relaxed innovative culture (dress down, beer fridge, foosball table etc) – Tick
If this job sounds up your street but you don’t have a CV ready to go, contact our HR Advisor via LinkedIn (search Rebecca Britton, Carter Backer Winter). Alternatively hit apply now to send your CV and we will be in touch within 7 working days.
FAO agencies, we do not welcome uninvited speculative CVs being sent.